Sunday, January 19, 2014

the Fault in our Stars


             Recently, I read a new book called the Fault in our Stars by John Green, a #1 New York Times bestseller, that was recommended to me by many people. I started reading the book with very high expectations from the amount of attention this book was getting along with the great reviews my friends and teachers were giving. The story is about a 16-year old girl named Hazel that is diagnosed with a terminal cancer. She meets a boy named Augustus in a cancer support group and they instantly become joined at the hip. They learn about love and sorrow throughout there journey together. They realize what friends really are and that some authors can be jerks. I really loved the storyline in general, but I honestly don't think it was as great as people made it out to be, even though I still thoroughly enjoyed the great read. I didn't really understand why the book An Imperial Affliction was such a huge part of the story. I did however like pretty much everything else from the TFIOS. The storyline flowed very well and the vocabulary used was advanced. Overall it was written very well and I congratulate Green on this bestseller of his. I'm looking forward to watching the motion picture coming out later this year. And if you do end up reading this book, if you haven't already, then be aware that tears might just slip out.


Spoiler: Hazel and Gus do not die in a tornado. There is no tornado. My friends are liars.

-Rajee

1 comment:

  1. OMG IF YOU HAVE THE BOOK CAN I PLEASE BORROW IT?

    ReplyDelete